Robson Houses and Althea Supportive Housing Program
Our men’s and women’s supportive housing programs are based on a peer support model within the houses, 24/7 access to professional support through our main facility and dedicated support from a Community Transition Worker. Resident supports are trained in addiction counselling and accessing community resources; residents also receive support from a House Manager who cares for the resident’s needs afterhours and manages and maintains the properties.
This supportive housing model is designed to help the graduates of residential addiction treatment programs transition safely from treatment into the community. Residents can stay in these houses anywhere from 6 months to two years, working on their aftercare plans in a safe, sober and supported environment.
Recovery Acres will help residents with things like job training, education, finding steady employment, securing appropriate ongoing mental health support as needed and eventually help the residents transition into permanent living situations according to their needs.
The men and women in our supportive housing programs have weekly house meetings to discuss any issues and check in with each other. There are shared chores and responsibilities within the houses and each resident is responsible for maintaining their own aftercare plan.
- Rent is $500 per month includes all utilities
- Additional cost of $50 contribution per month for a communal house fund (see details below)
*NOTE: There is a $350 security deposit required.
What is provided by Recovery Acres?
- The houses are fully furnished (Beds, tables and chairs, major appliances, cookware, kitchen utensils, lawn and garden maintenance equipment etc.)
- All utilities and all house and property maintenance are covered by Recovery Acres.
- Access to a dedicated Community Transition worker trained in addiction counselling and well versed in community resources to help with ongoing needs and projects (e.g. job training, accessing professional supports, finding permanent housing etc.)
- 24/7 access to support through the Recovery Acres main facility for immediate needs (e.g. emergency at the residence after hours, personal crisis and needing support after hours etc.)
What is the communal house fund for?
The monthly house funs pays for residents internet, cable, laundry soap, cleaning products and any other supplies used communally by house residents.
What do the residents provide for themselves?
Residents provide their own food, toiletries and personal house furnishings (e.g. bed linen, towels, desk lamps, fans etc.)
If you have any questions or would like to submit an application, please contact:
Beth Graham, Phone: 780-471-2996 Fax: 780-477-1578 Email: email@example.com